Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. There was the busy schedule of high school, college and professional football and then basketball games: all those teams praying that I choose them to win takes an enormous amount of research time and personal energy. (A few months ago, a Viking’s game came down to something that Brett Favre said to the school bully back in Grade Four.)
Anyway, to the business at hand.
Word has surfaced once again that I was directly involved in your vice-presidential bid in 2008. Early last year, someone said you thought it had been “God’s plan” to make you a candidate. That reminded me (for I do remember all) that following the election, I suffered through an interview you did on Fox. I meant to write you but, with football games and world peace, I was a tad busy.
Anyway, in that interview you were asked if you’d run for president in 2012. You replied that it would depend on what you heard from Me. (And let Me say right off the bat, before Fox uses this statement to make false claims that they are God’s station: I receive them all. Every last TV and radio station in every language, twenty-four hours a day. I don’t want to whine about the burden of omnipotence, but this constant blather is really taking a toll on My concentration.)
Anyway, to the business at hand.
First, let Me say this about whether I’ll be having a discussion with you about your career choices. It’s true, occasionally in the history of your species – and let Me tell you, when I first saw your species, I said to the Wife, “That’s interesting.” I definitely did not say, “It is good.” – anyway, where was I? Right. As to whether I’ll be talking to you, let me say this: A few times in the whole history of your species I thought it would be a good idea to have a chat with a certain individual. You call those people prophets. Enough said.
Second, even though I’m not about to add you to that scant list, if you don’t mind, I kind of feel like offering you a word or two of advice.
To your question (to Me), whether you should run for president, My answer is simple: Are you nuts!!! Enough said on that.
Now, before you start calling Me sexist, I did check with the Wife who said, “Honey, that’s just You in Your infinite wisdom telling it like it is.”
One final thing while I’ve got you there. This “end of days” business. Do you really think that after all the work I’ve done – the Wife just gave me a playful nudge and one of Her looks. Fine. – after all the work that We’ve done to nurse this planet along, to create an amazing interplay of species beyond comprehension, to create brains that can imagine the cosmos, do you really think that We want to see it destroyed by your stupid behavior?
And do you really think that even if We wanted it destroyed, it would be because some of you thought your nation or your religion was better than the next one? Or because you wanted to suck the planet dry of its resources? Or because of all the companies out there that are making mega-bucks from the business of war?
Or, dammit, because your football team really should be chosen over the other?
(transcribed by Michael Kaufman www.michaelkaufman.com)
Guys Guide to Feminism…The Talk
Yes, you’ve heard the rumors: Brad Pitt and Ryan Gosling are teaming up with Steven Spielberg to make the movie version of this year’s indie-hit book. Ah, rumors… Which brings us to the reason for
"Guy’s Guide to Feminism … The Talk" because this is exactly how you’ll get co-author Michael Kaufman to your campus or community for an incomparable night of humor, serious conversation, story-telling, and hard-hitting analysis. Get in touch: firstname.lastname@example.org
MICHAEL’S FACEBOOK PAGE
The Possibility of Dreaming on a Night Without Stars
First published by Viking/Penguin, now out as an eBook for Kindle, Apple iBook, Kobo, Nook, and other tablets. Click here to read reviews, download a free excerpt, or order today
- In Australia on the Path to Greatness
- The Real Republican Strategy: Crazy Like Foxes?
- Do Men Hate Women? (Talking About Misogyny)
- Education after Steubenville: The 4 Rules of Sexual Consent
- International Women’s Day….A Letter of Love From Men
- Thousands Gathering at United Nations With One Message: End Violence Against Women & Girls!
- Feminism: Helping Men Be Free
- Valentine’s Day: Flowers Are Fine, But Here are 6 Keys to Good Relationships!
- Men: Which Side Will You Be On? Sexual Violence in India
- Eight Steps to Presidential Greatness
- Republican Party Rape Advisory Chart
- What is Healthy Masculinity?
- Rape & Women’s Voice
- Saudi Arabia: How About a Segregated City for Men?
- Olympic Dreams, Olympic Myths
- LOCKED-OUT SYNDROME STRIKES WOMEN & MEN!
- My Message in the British Parliament: Women Should No Longer Stand Alone
- International Women’s Day…A Letter of Love From Men
- Men for Women’s Choice
- The Five Reasons Why Men Should Control Women’s Reproduction
- APOLOGIES (To Anyone Who May Be Offended By This Blog)
- Killing in the Name of Honor
- Why Are (Some) Men Still Afraid of Feminism?
- The Astoundingly Simple Truth About Masculinity and Goodness
- Men and the Search for Love
- White Ribbon: 20 Years, 1000s of Campaigns to End Violence Against Women
- White Ribbon Campaign: 20 Years Working to End Violence Against Women
- Occupy Minds, Not Real Estate! (And Set Up a Much-Bigger Tent)
- The 0-0-0 Plan for Ending Sexual Harassment!
- In Norway, Gender Equality DOES Extend to the Bedroom
- Occupy the Future! (The 8 Keys to Being the 99%)
- The Guy’s Guide To Feminism
- Soften Up, Men!
- The Two September 11s
- A Man With The Greatest of Hearts: Jack Layton, 1950-2011
- London Burning, Governments Cutting, Wall Street Plunging
- Terror in Norway: An Extraordinary Letter from Oslo
- Summer Sports: Women Rock, Fathers Weep
- 9 Steps to a REAL Father’s Day
- SlutWalk: Anger, Celebration & the Conversation We Need to Have
- Letter from Scotland
- The Stupification of America . . . and Beyond
- An Open Letter from God to Sarah Palin
- The Top Ten List You Wouldn’t Want to Be On
- Nuclear Manhood
- Signs of Hope in Istanbul
- International Women’s Day…a Letter of Love From Men
- Julian Assange: Hero? Creep? Victim? Victimizer?
- Italian Men, Berlusconi, & the Forward March of Women
- Valentine’s Day: Flowers Are Nice, But Dish Out the Respect!
- Hear the Sound of Freedom!
- Why Protests Keep Spreading
- The End of Men
- People as Political Props: the Real State of the Union
- Amazing White Ribbon Campaigns in Australia, New Zealand, South Pacific … and Antarctica
- December 6, 1989: The Day Canada Changed Forever
- Interview on engaging men to promote gender equality
- Watch Michael on “Men’s Room”
- Letter from Rio de Janeiro
- US Campus Men’s Conference
- The One Thing We Really Should Do This New Year
- Letter from Riga, Latvia
- Letter from Italy
- Letter from Istanbul, Turkey
- Letter from Jerez de la Frontera, Spain
- New Approaches for Ending Sexual Harassment at Work
- Letter from India
- An Act of Collective Love: Why Men Are Working to End Violence Against Women
- Manhood and War
- Letter from China
- Free Book Download: “Cracking the Armour: Power, Pain and the Lives of Men”
- Better Fathering Will Help End Violence
- New Web Site With New Resources
- Building a Movement of Men Working to End Violence Against Women
- The White Ribbon Campaign – Breaking Men’s Silence To End Men’s Violence – Statement of Principles
- The 7 P’s of Men’s Violence
- Better Fathering Will Help End Violence
- Being a man doesn’t have to be a struggle
- Men must abandon notion they are violent by nature
- No public Twitter messages.